Friday, May 24, 2013

May Papertrey Blog Hop

The May Papertrey Blog Hop was all about flowers this month and a pretty open color palette (yay!). I was supposed to choose my favorite floral stamp set, but I really like the textural quality of using dies and felt, so that's what I went for. I also improvised on the color palette, but I did try something new. I have no idea of where that blue/gray came from (could have been Paper Source) and I have no more of it, but I really like it with the chartreuse.

Since my time is limited, I decided to kill two birds with one stone on this one. I made the card both for the blog hop and to give to my son's AMAZING 3rd grade teacher. She really connected with him and he thrived and was so happy all year! It was just the best year and I'm so sad to be moving on.... but maybe my daughter will be lucky enough to get her in four years!

Most of the other supplies are Papertrey, my favorite paper crafting e-store.


I have some of my faves here, including Tin-type Backgrounds, Postmarks Backgrounds and Wonderful Words. The "You" is actually a die from the Wonderful Words collection.




Here's a close-up with my newest little obsession: the Tiny Tags collection. Boy, that felt was fuzzy! It looks much better in real life! The twine is from Papertrey. I don't know where the buttons are from though....




Here I just hand cut a leaf, since I don't have a die and stamped a teeny-tiny "Enjoy" I used pinking shears to cut the blue paper. I always use Glossy Accents to glue my felt and buttons. Glossy Accents is great to add a three dimensional quality to an image, but mostly I use it as a glue. I've even used it to reattach the padding in my son's baseball batting helmet!

Thanks for looking!

Heather



1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I love the layered felt flowers over the stamped backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...