Monday, January 31, 2011

playtime!

Went to CHA conference yesterday. It was so inspirational! Good friends, good times! And a very well earned break from the kiddies. Made lots of good contacts, too. Can't forget that.

Since I was so inspired from all the great products yesterday, I thought I'd post some cute cards I've made lately. Most of the materials are from my favorite Papertrey, who were disappointingly not at the conference. Maybe someday I'll make it to the Chicago conference and meet all those talented gals.

Ooohh, love this one. I love cute birdies and sweet sayings and nature inspired art. I didn't create the art, this is just part of my playtime. The challenge comes in the composition, color choices, pattern choices. There are so many choices, it's easy to make bad ones, kind of like with clothing... so I keep things simple. Limited palette, asymmetric composition and some breathing space. That's the formula I use and just see how much I can expand on that.

Understated but girly, you can't see the glitter well, but trust me, it's there. And of course, buttons!
With this one, I had some paper I wasn't crazy about, but I love grids, so I figured I would try punching the paper with my square punch and playing with the patterns. The clear domes are dimensional stickers from ek success. I bought them, not really planning on how I'd use them (which is what I always do). But I think this is a nice subtle way to call out the little sentiments.

I love tags. All tags, any tags. And graphic flowers. Just girly enough without getting too fussy.
Thanks for reading! Have a creative day!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...